6 July 2011

Genesis 3:14-15

"The Lord God said to the snake, "Because you did this, a curse will be put upon you. You will be cursed as no other animal, tame or wild, will ever be. You will crawl on your stomach, and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
I will make you and the woman enemies of each other. Your descendants and her descendants will be enemies. One of her descendents will crush your head, and you will bite his heel."

I don't know if it's just me, but the stuff from the second verse sounds a bit like the story about Achilles heel. I may be wrong but it sounds right to me. In which case it came true and I think that as much as anything should invoke confidence in God.

The first verse is less true, because although no other animal immediately  springs to mind, you actually have slugs and snails, and eels and worms, all of whom crawl on their stomachs, albeit the eel spends most of his time in water.

Rowen

No comments:

Post a Comment