23 January 2012

My First Quilt - The work of 2011

These are the squares for my first Quilt which I managed to get finished last year. 
The centre of this one was actually from the lid of a Jar of Jam my boyfriend bought me.



There will be 23 of these hearts.

There will be 24 of these friendship stars.



This centre was some curtain fabric my mum was sampling.

This centre was some curtain fabric my mum was sampling.




This heart is the wrong way round, I made a piecing error, but I think it'll add some quirkiness that I at least will love to look for.


This centre was some curtain fabric my mum was sampling.


I have no idea where this centre fabric came from but I used to use it to make barbie things as a child learning to sew.












This block will be unique in the quilt as my signature block, My thread ran out and I really should get round to finishing it, it's just laziness as there're only about 3-5 loops of chain stitch to complete it. It's the crest of my Guild in World of Warcraft, which I happen to think looks really pretty.


It doesn't look like it at the moment but I'm actually hoping the quilt will be primarily bluey green. Hopefully it will tend that way more with the completion of the heart and star blocks. Also I'll hopefully also become more selective with the fat quaters I pick.

Rowen

No comments:

Post a Comment