28 December 2015

2016 Bookish Resolutions



As part of the challenge binge I have decided to join this year I thought I'd join in with the 2016 Bookish Resolutions challenge. With the mini challenges this seems like a great way to keep on top of those challenges I would like to set myself that don't really fit into a more general challenge. I have come up with quite a few I would like to try and hit so here goes.

Reading Challenges

  • I would like to finish Terry Pratchetts Discworld series - I started reading this in 2015 and managed to get up to Guard! Guards! I have previously read a couple of the children's books in this series but do plan on rereading them
  • Read 100 books - I set myself a 100 book reading goal on goodreads and have never more than 3/4 completed it. So I would like to manage that this year.
Blogging Challenges
  • I would like to establish a blogging routine of some description, whether that's a weekly routine or a monthly routine. 
  • I would like to create some kind of personal library catalogue a la The Worn Bookmark. I feel like this would be a really good way to keep track of all the books I keep buying, and hopefully motivate me to read some of the books that have been sitting around for a while. 
  • I would like to write book reviews within 2 weeks of finishing the book going forward. I'm not saying I'd want to post the reviews immediately, but that I'm currently really bad at doing this.
  • I'd like to write some reviews for some of the books I finished a while ago where I've published reviews for other books in the series, maybe work this into the blogging routine. 52 reviews that have needed writing for a while would make quite a dent!
Personal Challenges
  • I would like to lose weight. I got married last April so I did quite well at this, I lost around a stone and a half for my wedding, my dress even had to be taken in! But post wedding settling into the New flat with my husband I put back on most of what I'd lost. My original intention had been to lose a bit more, I'm around 3 stone heavier than I'd like to be so I'm making losing that weight and keeping it off a mini challenge.
  • I would like to swim a minimum of 64 lengths twice a week. To some people this might seem both a little random and a little daunting. However 64 lengths is a mile so when I've swum that far I feel like I've achieved something, and as a child I swam between one and four times a week at any one point until I gave it up for studying in sixth form. I'd really like to hit my groove again, but I'm not about to kick myself for missing a week.
  • I would like to cut down fizzy drinks. I feel like this will be a big challenge for me, I'm very aware of how bad fizzy drinks are for weight gain, your teeth and your stomach lining. At the moment I have a coke in the pub on a wednesday, cans of coke zero in the fridge and if I get a meal deal or have a meal out I tend to choose a coke then as well. I'd like to try and cut this down to just the Wednesday pub coke for now and see how it goes.

So I have a few New Years resolutions there. I might have overdone it but it will give me something to aim for! Don't forget to head over to Because Reading is Better than Real Life to Sign up.

Rowen

No comments:

Post a Comment