12 January 2016

Millie Marotta's Tropical Wonderland Bird Nest

You'll remember that not so long ago I finished colouring the butterfly in Millie Marotta's Tropical Wonderland book. Well it would seem I've well and truly jumped on that bandwagon because I've also finished colouring the picture of a bird in its nest.

I found this easier to colour in some ways as I didn't feel like I needed to keep choosing new colouring techniques and patterns. With the butterfly I wanted to keep within a purple colour family as much as possible. With the birds nest I used a number of distinct colours for different aspects of it.

I think part of the reason I've spent so much time colouring recently is that I've found it a really good way to listen to audiobooks. It's so refreshing to be able to just let go and listen.




No comments:

Post a Comment